Thursday, March 5, 2009

My wrist is broken.


I broke my wrist. We were getting ready for ballet, and my ballet leotard was on the top of the shelf. I climbed up and reached for it, but the shelf slid out and so I fell and landed on my wrist. I was crying and it hurt. I thought it was maybe broken but Dad wanted to wait and see. Then we went to soccer practice with Ryan, and I hurt my wrist again and then Dad said, "I'm pretty sure it's broken." We left Ryan at soccer practice while everyone else went to the hospital. A doctor took me into this room and took x-rays of my wrist at different positions. My mom put the x-rays on her blog. Then I went to Dad's office while he checked the x-rays and he showed me where the fracture is. Then we went to the Emergency Room and I got a splint. It was navy blue. Then we went back to pick up Ryan from soccer practice and then we went to the airport to pick up my Mom from her trip to Utah.
Now my cast has lots of names all over it. I wish all my family and friends far away could sign it too. I am getting it off on Tuesday. That means I had it on for three weeks. Then I will get another splint for one more week and then I'll be free hopefully forever.
Have any of you broken any bones? Leave a comment if you have... or if you just feel like it!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I've broken my toe once. But it didn't hurt a lot. :):):) I hope your wrist gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

I was in a car accident when I was 5 and broke my wrist really bad and messed up my hand. I had a cast on it that was white, and big. Then I had to get special surgery done on my thumb after I got the cast off. That surgery was done in Salt Lake City. My Dad and I road the train from Las Vegas to SLC to get it done. That is the quick story. It was good to hear the story of your accident.

Lindsey said...

I broke my right thumb when I was about 10. I'm right handed so I had to write everything at school with my left hand!

Ash said...

Ouch! I hope you get your cast off soon!

Shelley said...

I have not ever broken anything. I did accidently cut my hand with a knife once. It went all the way through my hand and came out the other side so I had to go to the hospital and get stitches, but I don't think that was even close to hurting as much as you breaking your arm. Ouch! I hope this is your one and only time to break something!

Geneva said...

I've never broken a bone before. But I do want to sign youre cast. Hanna