Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day party with Grandma

On Saturday I went to an Achievement Day party. It was for Mother's and Daughters but my mother was in the hospital with Matthew. My Grandma Johnson came with me instead of my Mom. The food was sandwiches, bananas and strawberries. And of course the dirt dessert. It was pudding and crushed up oreo cookies and gummy worms and a home made flower in the middle. It was very pretty. We played a game. The moms (and grandma) did the girls hair and made it crazy and the girls did the moms (and grandma's) hair and made it crazy. Here is a picture of me and my grandma. We even wore it to the hospital so we could show my Mom. Thank you Sister Starbuck for planning and making such a fun Mothers/Daughters party. Thank you Grandma for replacing my tired mom.

5 comments:

The Starbuck Family said...

I am glad you had so much fun. Your hairstyles were the craziest!! We loved them.I am glad you kept them in to show your mom at the hospital.
-Sister Starbuck

Shelley said...

I actually wore my hair that way to church today...just kidding! I couldn't get it just right without you doing it. We had fun going to the store and getting our yummy drink and candy too. Thanks for letting me fill in for your Mom, it was a blast!

Lindsey said...

How fun Katie! I'm glad Grandma could go with you since Mom was in the hospital. That's a memory you'll be able to treasure for years to come! I kind of like your hair that way! Ha, ha.

Sarah Walton said...

So fun your grandma was there to go with you!! I'm sure you had a special time together. Both your hairdo's look so cute!

Nikole said...

That sounds like such a fun activity Katie! I love the hair.