Sunday, May 27, 2012

HMS Tract Meet

 

On May 7 we had the HEIDELBERG MIDDLE SCHOOL  TRACT MEET! We were assigned running parts in the tract meet.  Some people were in field events. I was in the 400 and 800 meter relay races. Only 4 girls were assigned for those on our P.E. class. Two girls were also assigned the mile in our class and I was one of them. I didn’t want to be in the mile at first, but I had to.

I ran first in the 400 meter relay race and we made 2nd place. When we were practicing against the boys for the 400 relay, we beat them every time. The 800 relay was harder because we had to 200 meters each and I’m better at short distance than long. I think we made 3rd place for that.

Then I ran the mile and went really slow the whole time so I wouldn't fell sick. I thought one girl was ahead of me but she apparently collapsed and couldn’t go any further.  I passed on girl on the final lap, but didn’t realize it. She barely passed me  on the last step of the race.  That’s why everyone was cheering so loud! I ended up second place.

It was a FUN Tract Meet!

3 comments:

Ash said...

Way to go! I always wish I was a runner.

The Starbuck Family said...

Hey its Brianna. I did track too. We went to state. I run the 800 and the mile. I wanted to run the relay races or the 200 but on our track team there were alot of other fast girls so I wasn't able to. I do pretty good on the mile and 800 though. I'm so glad you are blogging. Keep it up. I miss you A LOT!!:)

Anonymous said...

Katie, this is Emily Walker (Penrod) from girls camp. I was wondering if you could give me you, or your family's E-mail, so we can stay in touch. Thanks
PS. Congrats on your track meet from a month ago.(: